Sammy Satsuma was created in response to the constant and evolving challenges faced by many for families to meet the nutritional needs of their children. By engaging them through innovation, great stories and personalisation, and in partnership with key stakeholders, we are working together to meet those challenges head on. The following policies are an integral part of our approach to do this effectively and safely.
- “Buyer” means the person named on the order.
- “Contract” means the order and order confirmation.
- “Faulty” means containing a fault or defect caused by the us or our agents.
- “Order” means your order for a product from our site.
- “Price” means the price paid, including postage and packing costs and any applicable taxes in force at the time of the order. These exclude any taxes and duties for which the which the buyer
Personal data, or personal information, is any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. Data that does not include information that can identify a person is not personal data.
Information you provide us with
You may provide us with personal information by way of completing forms on our website, or by writing to us by email, or engaging us over the telephone. This will include registration information when using our website or when placing an order. You may also provide us with personal information required for particular products, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our website, including entering competitions, participating in promotions or surveys or reporting a problem. The information you give us may include your name, billing address, delivery address, email address, phone number, age, date of birth, gender, photograph, username, password and other registration information, as well as the book recipient’s name, date of birth, age, gender and address. Each piece of information you give us may be used independently or in conjunction with other information you provide to us.
Information we collect about you and your device
When you visit our website, we may collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed, purchased or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we collect about you via advertising
We may occasionally place adverts on third party sites (such as YouTube and Pinterest). When you visit or engage with our adverts, we and our partners, may use technologies (such as cookies) to collect and store information about you including cookie data and anonymised identification for attribution and advertising purposes. We use these technologies to help us understand more about our customers and our effectiveness.
Information we receive from other sources
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
We may collect information about your location, such as the IP Address of the device you access our Website from.
Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
We will not collect your financial information. This information may be collected and stored by third party payment processors.
How your personal data is collected
Various methods to collect your personal data are used, which are described below.
You may give us your identity, contact information, technical and financial data by completing forms or when contacting us by post, email or telephone. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- Create an account or use the live chat function on our website.
- Enter a competition, promotion or survey.
- Subscribe to our service or publications.
- Request marketing material.
- Request our products or services.
- Call us and leave a message or request a call back.
- Give us some feedback.
- Respond to any posts on our social media forums (including but not limited to our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest).
Automated technologies or interactions
As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. We may also receive technical data about you if you visit other websites employing our cookies.
Third parties or publicly available sources
We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below. Profile Data, Usage Data, Marketing and Communication Data, and Aggregated Data is received from the following parties;
- analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU.
- advertising networks.
- search information providers.
- third party providers of technical, payment and delivery services.
- from publicly available sources.
How your personal data is used
Your personal data is used to:
- In order for us to provide you with your personalised books and related services.
- In order for you to participate in interactive features of our website.
- In order to carry out competitions and promotions.
- In order to allow us to contact you about requested products and services.
- In order to inform you about changes to our website and products and services.
- In order to ensure that our website content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- In order to administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
- In order to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you.
- In order to use data analytics to improve our website, products and services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences.
- In order to allow us to provide updates about good or services you have ordered from us.
- In order to allow us to provide you with information about other products or services which may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- In order to contact you by email, online push notifications and mobile communication (such as text (SMS) and "push" notification) and to contact you by post.
Marketing and opting out
We will provide you with options regarding how certain personal data is used, particularly around marketing and advertising.
Where you have not previously bought goods from us but have registered with us (e.g., by entering a competition or signing up for a newsletter), we will only send you marketing messages if you opted into receiving these at the time and so have given us your express consent.
You have the option to unsubscribe from our e-mails through a link at the bottom of every e-mail we send to you. If you personally want to update the details that you have registered with us or would like to amend your subscription preferences or unsubscribe altogether, you can do this in the “My Account” section of our Site.
You have the option to unsubscribe from online push notifications through disallowing notifications in your browser.
Any personal information we hold about you is stored and processed under our data protection policy, in line with the Data Protection Act 1998.
Personal data will only be retained for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected. This includes, but is not limited to, the fulfilment of the contract, legal compliance, record keeping and reporting.
The decision on the length of retention is based on the scope, nature and sensitivity of the data, the potential risk posed by an unauthorised access or disclosure, the processing operation, and other possibilities and legal requirements.
In some cases, we may anonymise personal data and use it for research and statistical purposes. In this case, we may use this anonymous data indefinitely and without further notice.
We have in place security systems and processes to protect your data from loss, unauthorised use, unauthorised processing, unauthorised disclosure or unauthorised access. We only allow access to personal data to authorised employees of Brainy Productions and our partners with legitimate business reasons for doing so. Our partners process personal data only in accordance with our mandatory instructions and are obliged to keep it strictly confidential.
We also have procedures in place to deal with suspected breaches of data protection and will inform you and anyone potentially affected of any suspected breach as part of our legal obligations.
Your legal rights
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under GDPR in relation to your personal data. These are listed below.
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process.
- Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios:
- if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy.
- where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it.
- where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims, or
- you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
You can also exercise your rights at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Terms and Conditions
The Sammy Satsuma® books are a series of personalised books written around your chosen child’s unique name. Each individual, personalised book is created, printed, manufactured, packaged and despatched on receipt of your order. Each book is made to order, distinct and exclusive.
These Terms and Conditions govern the contents and use of the website www.sammysatsuma.com and set out the terms and conditions on which we supply the products available on the site. Please read these terms and conditions of sale carefully before using the site and before placing any order for products. By using the site and/or ordering the product you are agreeing that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
These terms and conditions apply to all sales of the products by Sammy Satsuma and shall supersede any other terms or conditions contained or referred to elsewhere or implied by trade, custom, practice or course of dealing unless specifically agreed to in writing. If you do not agree with these terms and conditions then you may not use the site. These terms and conditions may be modified from time to time and, therefore, you should periodically review them. If any modification is unacceptable to you, you should cease using the site. If you do not cease using the site you will be deemed to have accepted the change.
Accessing and using the Site
You may not use the site in any improper or unlawful manner or in breach of any legislation or license that applies to you. You agree to comply with all reasonable instructions that we may give you from time to time regarding use of the site.
Upon placing your order, you acknowledge that we may review your order. The content it contains will be checked for adherence to our guidelines and compliance with these terms and conditions and that we may refuse to process an order where we believe that the content is in breach of these terms and conditions and our guidelines.
Property rights and rights of use
All intellectual property rights (meaning patents, registered and unregistered trademarks and service marks, domain names, registered designs and design rights, copyright, database rights and moral rights and rights in computer programs) in and to the site and all content and materials contained in the site are owned by and shall remain owned by us. Site content may only be used for your personal, non-commercial purposes and shall not be reproduced, modified, copied, altered, distributed, framed, republished, displayed, transmitted or sold in any form of by any means in whole or in part. You may not remove any copyright or other proprietary notices contained in any site content.
Orders and specifications
When placing an order you will need to follow the order procedure set out on the site. Details of the price payable in respect of any product and the procedure for payment are displayed on the site.
All products are offered for sale subject to availability and subject to our acceptance of your order. We reserve the right to reject any order without the requirement to provide any reason for so doing.
An order confirmation will contain details of your order, the price and an estimate of the delivery time for your order. It is your responsibility to contact us and notify us of any error or mistake with the order as soon as reasonably practicable. Failure to do so may lead to the incorrect order being sent out to you. Any times or dates stated for delivery are estimates only. We will make reasonable efforts to deliver goods within the time specified, but we do not accept liability for any failure to deliver within that time.
We endeavour to display and describe as accurately as possible the printed colours on the products which appear on our site, but we cannot undertake to give any assurance that the colours supplied will exactly match those displayed on your monitor or mobile device.
We may revise, discontinue or modify products or services at any time without prior notice and products may become unavailable without notice. We shall have no liability of any kind if any product or service is not available.
Pricing & payment
We may change the price of any product before you place an order.
We will endeavour to ensure our prices remain competitive and accurate.
Despite our best efforts, however, some of the products listed on the site may be incorrectly priced or the price may increase between your order and our acceptance of your order. We will normally verify prices as part of the dispatch procedures so that, where a product’s correct price is less than the stated price, we will charge the lower amount. If a product’s correct price is higher than the price stated on the site, we will normally either contact you for instructions or cancel the order and notify you of such so that you can then re-order at the correct price if you wish.
If an inaccurate price quote is obvious and unmistakable such that you should have recognised it in good faith as the wrong price, we are in no way obligated to provide you with the product at the wrong (lower) price.
Orders shipped within the UK are inclusive of VAT and all other applicable taxes.
Payment must be made through our payment gateway providers at the time of placing your order. Payment in full will be taken at this time and the contract will be in force. You will be required to submit your payment details to the relevant third-party payment gateway provider and you may also be required to accept additional terms and conditions in relation to the use of that service. We cannot accept, and hereby exclude to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, any liability arising out of or in connection with your use of such third-party payment provider.
You undertake that all of the details which you provide to us for the purposes of your order and its delivery will be correct and that the chosen method of payment is your property and that sufficient funds or credit facilities are available to cover the full cost of the Order.
Discounts, promotions and benefits
Various benefits or discounts are not compatible with each other. For a single order, only one type of discount or benefit can be claimed. The buyer is entitled to a discount only if the order has been made during the time of the sales promotion. No further discounts can be claimed on an already reduced price. Unless otherwise stated, discount codes only apply to a single book or product and are not valid on past purchases. Discount codes are valid for as long as they are promoted in the marketing e-mail or in selected social media platform.
To redeem a discount code, add an item to your shopping cart and, when prompted to enter any discount codes at the relevant stage of the checkout process, simply enter your code and follow the relevant prompts.
Delivery and Acceptance
The place for the delivery of your products will be as shown on the order and the normal method of delivery (unless specifically agreed otherwise) shall be your choice of those available.
We will strive to ensure that your order is processed and manufactured within the time period stated for each item. However, manufacturing times may, very rarely, vary and any times quoted for the delivery of goods are indicative only. The time for delivery shall not be interpreted as of the essence of these terms and conditions and we will not be liable for any loss or expenses which you may sustain as a result of any delay in the delivery of your order.
When you receive the product or products you must inspect them for any defects or non-conformity before signing to confirm good condition. If you sign that they are in good condition, you are accepting the goods are in an acceptable condition. Any packages not signed for but accepted are considered signed in good condition.
If you can see any sign of damage to the parcel/s please sign as damaged otherwise we cannot refund or replace the item, beyond your statutory rights.
You must be available to accept delivery on the delivery date as the courier will only attempt re-delivery up to 2 times and then the delivery will be returned back to Us at your cost. If delivery is refused or returned due to a faulty address, you will be charged a return fee.
If you wrongfully fail to take delivery of the order then we shall be under no obligation to refund the price.
Risk and Property
Risk or damage or loss of your order will pass to you upon delivery to the agreed address. Notwithstanding delivery and passing of the risk in the Order, property in the Order will not pass from Us to You until We have received full payment of the Price and all other sums which are due, owing or payable by the You to Us in respect of the Order or any other Order between You and Us.
Returns, refunds and rights of cancellation
You shall have the right to cancel an order only in the following circumstances:
- If We have failed to deliver the order within 40 days after the date the order was placed.
- In the case of faulty products at the earliest opportunity after you have discovered that the fault or defect (provided that you shall be deemed to have inspected them as soon as reasonably practicable after delivery and in no case longer than 14 days after receiving the product).
If an order is cancelled under the above conditions we shall be responsible for all sums paid (including initial and re-delivery charges (if any) in respect of the order in question.
Notice of wish to cancel must be made by email to email@example.com
For the avoidance of doubt, except in respect of faulty or defective products, nothing in these terms and conditions shall give you rights of cancellation in regard to the products, which, by their nature, have been made to your specification or clearly personalized.
You must return any product to us in its original packaging (which you should retain for this purpose).
Nothing in this clause affects your statutory rights.
Disclaimers and limitation of liability
While we endeavour to ensure that the information contained on the site is correct and error free, we do not warrant the accuracy and completeness of the site content. We may make changes to the site content, or to any products, prices or fees described in it, at any time without notice. The site content may be out of date, and we make no commitment to update such material.
We will exercise all reasonable skill and care in maintaining the site. Some site content may be provided by third parties and we do not guarantee or accept any responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, currency or reliability of any content.
Therefore, except as expressly provided in these terms and conditions, the site and all site content provided through it are provided on an “as is” basis without representation or warranty of any kind, either express or implied (whether by common law, custom, statute or otherwise). To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, we disclaim all other conditions, representations, statements and warranties (including, but not limited to, any implied warranty of the fitness for a particular purpose of the site or site content or that your use of the site or site content will not infringe the rights of any third party).
We do not guarantee that the site and any function of the site will be uninterrupted or error-free, that faults will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or other harmful components. We do not warrant or make any representations that the site and the site content will meet your requirements, nor do we make any warranty or representations regarding the use or the results of the use of any site content in terms of their completeness, accuracy, currency, reliability, or otherwise. We will not be held responsible for the security of the site or for any disruption of the site however caused, loss of or corruption of any material in transit, or loss of or corruption of material or data when downloaded onto any computer system.
We warrant (or guarantee)? to you that any product purchased from us via the site is of satisfactory quality and reasonably fit for the purposes for which products of the same kind are commonly supplied. To the fullest extent permissible pursuant to applicable law, we disclaim all other conditions, representations, statements and warranties, either express or implied (whether by common law, custom, statute or otherwise).
Our liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaching this contract is strictly limited to the net purchase price of the product you purchased (excluding taxes and delivery costs).
Subject to the above, you agree that we shall not be liable for: (a) any direct loss, claim or damage; (b) any indirect loss, claim or damage, or any punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages of any kind that are not directly associated with the incident that caused your claim; or (c) any loss of profit or loss of savings or loss or corruption of data (in each case whether direct or indirect), in each case whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), strict liability, or otherwise, which arises out of or is in any way connected with (i) any use of this Site or the Site Content; (ii) these Terms and Conditions (iii) the Products (iv) any failure or delay in the use of any component of the Site, the Site Content or any service including, without limitation, any unavailability of the Site, the Site Content or the services irrespective of the duration of any period of unavailability; (v) any use of or reliance upon any Site Content or any other information, material, software, products, services and related graphics obtained through the Site, in all cases even if we have been forewarned of the possibility of such loss or damage.
We shall not be liable for any loss, damage, costs or expenses (including loss of profit) arising directly or indirectly from any failure or delay in performing any obligation under these Terms and Conditions by reason of any event or circumstance outside our reasonable control, including, but not limited to, any strikes, industrial action, failure of power supplies or equipment, government action or Act of God.
Laws applicable in your country of residence may not allow the limitation or exclusion of liability or incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
Due to the inherent risks of using the internet, we cannot be liable for any damage to, or viruses that may infect your computer equipment or any other property when using or browsing the Site. The downloading or other acquisition of any Site Content through the Site is done at your own discretion and risk and with your agreement that you will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer system or loss of data that results from the downloading or acquisition of any such Site Content.
We may remove the site or cease the provision of any of the services available through it at any time in our sole discretion for any reason whatsoever. We may terminate your access to the site for any reason in our sole discretion at any time with or without notice.
Data Protection and Privacy
This agreement shall be made under the laws of England and subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- is responsible under the ‘Pricing and Payment’ section of these Terms and Conditions), subject to any promotional offer or discount applicable at the time.
- “Terms and Conditions” means the standard terms and conditions of business set out in this document.
Some cookies that we collect are necessary for the Sammy Satsuma site to function and some are optional and, provided consent has been given, are used to help us evaluate and further improve our website, products and adjust and fine tune content and advertising to your wishes, preferences and habits.
You have to ability to block cookies by adjusting the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of the Sammy Satsuma site.